Join The Foodies Read 2013 Challenge: Sign Up Here


Foodie's Read 2013

Many of us who love to eat also love to read. But we go beyond that. We love to read about food. If that is you, then you are invite to join us in the Foodies Read Challenge for 2013. This is the second year in which we’ll indulge ourselves with good food writing.

If you are new to a food/reading challenge, you may be wondering – what is a “food book”? A food book is a book which is centered around food and/or drinks. That could be a cookbook, a food biography or memoir, a non-fiction book focused around a specific food, wine, chef or restaurant. Also allowed is a fictional story in which food plays a major role.

Here’s how the challenge works:
1. Decide how many food books you want to read in 2013. Pick one of the reading levels below. Remember, this is a challenge, so try pushing yourself.

Levels:
Short-Order Cook: 1 to 3 books
Pastry Chef: 4 to 8 books
Sous-Chef: 9 to 13 books
Chef de Cuisine: 14 to 18
Cordon-Bleu Chef: More than 19

2. Grab the challenge button and write a post on your blog so we can spread the word. No blog? That’s okay. Sign up in the comments section.

3. After you read each book for the challenge, come back here and tell us about it. Click on the correct category for your book (on the menu bar) and post the link to your review. We’ll use the same categories as last year: Cookbooks, Memoirs/Biographies, Fiction, and Nonfiction. I’ll also include a page where you link up your Challenge Wrap-Up post.

Guidelines:
The challenge runs from January 1 through December 31, 2013.
You don’t need a pre-selected list of books.
It’s okay to cross over with other challenges.
Any book format is allowed (print, audio, ebook)

Sign Up Here:
Sign in using Simply Linked below.

Put your name and blog title on the first line.
Example: Vicki @ I'd Rather Be Reading At The Beach

Put the link to your challenge post on the second line.
Example: http://irbratb.com/2012/11/21/foodies-read-2013/

Non-bloggers will use the comment section.




26 comments:

  1. What a wonderful challenge! Jumping in! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never did this one before, but it sounds like fun. I'm in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in. I want to subscribe to you but can't.

    ReplyDelete
  4. tempting! I'm sure I'll be back and am glad you took over the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't done this one before, but I think I have some cozy mysteries on my TBR list that would suit.

    Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds like a lot of fun and is in line with some of my 2013 "things"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Determined to really finish this year as a Sous Chef--looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yippy! I'll get my sign up post done soon and will come back to sign up. I'll probably go for Pastry Chef again. i don't think I'm ready to advance yet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OK. My sign up post is up now, in time for this week's Weekend Cooking event.

    Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm going for Sous Chef and am looking forward to great books this year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for hosting this challenge! I write a food blog and am pretty much obsessed with all things foodie so I think I'm going to enjoy this challenge very much.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is going to be fun! I'm not sure what I'm going to read, but culinary mysteries are definitely on the menu!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi, I have been signing for reading challenges. This is the first time I'd ever been aware of these, and have decided to try this one. Like several others who have commented, I've been reading culinary mysteries and this challenge seems perfect for those. I will be reading these for other challenges as well. I'm aiming for Sous Chef, since I have several of these books to read next year, but is it possible to change levels, should I go over the number indicate for that level?

    Also, do we need to write reviews for all books, and if so is it all right to use my Goodreads account for the reviews, even though I have a blog?

    Thanks,
    Jamie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jamie~
      It's ok if you go over the 9-13 books required for Sous Chef. I may go over the level I chose too, just didn't want to aim to high and not reach the number.

      As for your reviews, I'd like it if you posted them on your blog, but if you really really don't want to, leaving the individual link from GoodReads will be ok.

      Thanks for joining the challenge!!

      Delete
  14. Thanks for hosting, this challenge looks like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I was just trying to add your challenge button to my site and I wanted to let you know that it doesn't seem to be linking to your site properly -- the image is there, but it doesn't go anywhere (I'm also on blogger, so that shouldn't be an issue.) Just wanted to let you know!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've joined you! I hope 'RIEDEL Fascination' is shown as member #39 soon. Just in case, here's my blog. :) http://cmriedel.wordpress.com/2013/01/09/heroines-good-food/

    ReplyDelete
  17. http://www.tastecorner.blogspot.com/2013/01/foodies-read-challenge-sous-chef-level.html

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi ..I tried to submit my link through the Simply linked but it doesnt seem to work. Just thought you should know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I linked it for you. Hope you enjoy the challenge!

      Delete
  19. Thank you for hosting this challenge! I look forward to getting to know you in the upcoming year!

    Create With Joy
    http://www.create-with-joy.com/2013/01/2013-reading-challenges.html

    ReplyDelete
  20. How fun! I hope it's not too late to sign up!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for hosting - will be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi, do we need a wrap-up post for this year? If so, where do we post it at?

    Thanks,
    Jamie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jamie~ On the menu tab the top of the blog where you link your reviews (Cookbook, Fiction, etc,), the last tab is "Wrap Up Posts". You can add it there.

      Delete
    2. Thanks. I made and added a Goodreads shelf for this challenge. Most of my books were culinary-themed mysteries.

      Delete